Voted “World’s Leading Honeymoon Destination” eight times by the World Travel Awards, the tropical island paradise of Saint Lucia is the perfect haven for romance, adventure and home to some of nature’s most precious natural beauties. Be prepared to stimulate your senses surrounded by unblemished landscapes and postcard perfect scenery. But don’t simply take our word for it; take the trip of a lifetime.
St Lucia at a glance
- Full name: Saint Lucia
- Population: 174,000 (2010 est.)
- Capital: Castries
- Major languages: English (official), French patois
- Major religion: Roman Catholic 67.5%, Seventh Day Adventist 8.5%, Pentecostal 5.7%, Rastafarian 2.1%, Anglican 2%, Evangelical 2%, other Christian 5.1%, other 1.1%, unspecified 1.5%, none 4.5% (2001 census)[CIA.gov]
- Life expectancy: 74 years (men), 79 years (women)(2010 est.)[CIA.gov]
- Ethnic Group: Black 82.5%, mixed 11.9%, East Indian 2.4%, other or unspecified 3.1% (2001 census)
- Monetary unit: 1 East Caribbean dollar = 100 cents
- EC – US: 1 US = 2.679 East Caribbean dollar
- Main exports: Bananas, clothing, cocoa, vegetables, fruits, coconut oil
- GNI per capita: US $5,530 (World Bank, 2008)
- Internet domain: .lc
- International dialling code: +1 758
- Electricity: 220 ~ 240 volts, 50 cycles AC (a few hotels are 110 volts, 60 cycles). Most sockets take 3 pin square plugs (UK standard) but some take 2 pin round plugs or flat American plugs, which are rarer. Adaptors are generally available at the hotels.
Visit Saint Lucia today!
Belle Vue Properties Limited is a member of the Realtors Association (St Lucia) Inc.